The LORIOT Network Server has an automatic mechanism for notifying customers about changes in their gateway status, or when certain thresholds are met.
These alerts include: status changes:
- Enable/disable all types of alerts on a given gateway
- Latency and status alerts are now two types of alerts
- Uplink traffic alert with configurable threshold value
- Gateway Configuration Change alert
- CPU Usage alert
- Memory Usage alert
Notifications can be enabled globally in the account and on per gateway basis. By default notifications are disabled.
From the Dashboard, go to Account → Notifications
In order to receive notifications for these alerts, please enable notifications from the Account menu.
Please note, only the gateway owner (the account which registered the gateway) will receive gateway alert email notifications.
Alerts can be disabled/enabled for all using the top toggle button, or individually per alert:
Generates an alert when the latency is higher than 800ms
Generates an alert when the gateway’s configuration settings have been changed
Generates an alert when the gateway memory utilization exceeds the threshold value
Generates an alert when the gateway goes online or offline
Generates an alert when the number of uplinks breaches the configured threshold
Generates an alert when the gateway CPU utilization exceeds the threshold value
Historical gateway alerts are logged by the server and can be viewed in the alert history table:
Searches can be filtered by:
- Message - gateway alert description
- Date - between a certain date/time
- Type - a specific alert such as changeGwConfigAlert, uplinksMinThresholdDaily or any of the other alert types.